Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow Snow Snow- Rain Rain Rain


The Blog Title pretty much covers the weather in NJ during February and March. photo of my Pennington home and the street after the plows made it through. February set the NJ record for the most snow fall in 1 month since the start of recorded weather (circa 1850). Mar set the rain record for NJ . A nice time to be somewhere else.


The digging out gave me the unfortunate opportunity to see the tires on my daughter Kat's car. That's her car in the foreground of the 2nd picture. Needless to say the digging-out ended with the purchase of 4 tires and an alignment. I think I also heard something like "wouldn't it have been money better spent as a down payment on a new car for me?"
The day after the digging out I was in Turks and Caicos for President's weekend-did I ever say how much I love my job! Yea that's an outside bar and it's 85 degrees, The beer is Turk's Head and it's the same temp as home -just above freezing. That's me waiting to leave paradise.
.
Business has been good for my company. We have some new contracts working in California and Vegas, some pending in Rhode Island, and Southern California. The shots above are approaching Long Beach Airport, California on the ramp in Reno, NV, and overflight of the new Hoover Dam bypass on the way into Vegas.
There are several more February events I'll cover in the next blog.

No comments: