Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Back to Vegas April 7th

Some days at home, enough time to see how much spring clean-up is necessary but not enough time to do anything about it, and I'm off to Vegas. Have a mid-day departure scheduled. These east to west flights really screw up my circadian rhythm. A 1 PM departure with a 5 1/2 hour flight, land at 3:30 PM. The body is saying dinner, but it's a little early (local time) to eat. By 8PM local(11PM EDT), I'm in bed. Up at 03:30 to stay on East coast time. Thankfully only a two day trip. I always stay on EDT when I have less than 5 days away.
A Pleasant trip, above all the weather and normal headwinds of 70-90 MPH, with catering from Whole Foods. Everyone happy with the flight and a promise of an early departure home on the 9th. The photo on the left is Lake Meade on our descent into Vegas.


This trip I picked a Marriott Courtyard in Henderson, Nevada. Henderson is the municipality that borders Vegas on the south and east. It's about 5 miles from the strip and a world away. So normal an environment, you don't realize how close all the glitz of Vegas is.
Vegas had a cool spell during our stay and I was the only one brave enough to sit at the pool(left).
Temps were in the low 60's and wind 15-20 mph.


The motel sat on theapproach path to McCarran International(Las Vegas Airport) and in between chapters of my book, I was checking out the approaches of the air carriers. There are about 3 Southwest flights for each of the Delta, US Air, Air Canada flights.
Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack on the 7th. was interesting. Certain songs playing in the restaurant (i.e. Love Shack) get all the servers singing along in a line dance. The food was good and the beer was happy hour priced. I've passed the Joe's Crab Shack on RT 1 more times than I can count and have never eaten there. Now I'll have to check it out to see if the their staff does the singing, line dancing. Dinner on the 8th was at "ZA" a great Sushi restaurant on Green Valley Road in Henderson.
Ready for take-off on the 9th at 7AM. Too early for our normal Whole Foods catering, but for twice the price, we had half the food of the same quality from Air Gourmet Catering.

Back in my house in Pennington by 3 PM and ready to spend the next few days and Easter with the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patrick was just looking through your pictures and asked if we could go there one day when he saw the pool picture.