Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Charlotte, NC for Dinner

Back to the air today after a few days off . The boss and a couple of the senior people from the company had a business dinner. I had family to visit. It's only a 1:15 flight from Trenton to Charlotte. The FBO in Charlotte is Wilson Air Center. It was started by Kemmons Wilson, who started Holiday Inn. It does a great job providing great customer service to transient corporate aircraft. I had family waiting so they parked me up front(a nice perk).

Let me return to the start of the flight at Trenton.

A light rain was just starting to fall as I began the pre-flight of the aircraft. I loaded 250 Gals of jet fuel and with the 3600 pounds already onboard that gave me plenty of fuel for the flight and a comfortable reserve.



Clearance to Charlotte was as planned with a cruising altitude of 36,000 ft and a planned flight time of 1 hour and 16 min.

Anyone recognize the airport on the left? Picture taken from FL360 about 35 min after departing Trenton.



My sister Rita and 2 of her children live in the Charlotte area. So I e-mailed her and told her I would be in Charlotte by 3:45. (Dinner on me if she could make it to the airport.)

She made it to the airport with her four grandchildren, Lochlainn and Emma, and the twins, Mary and McKenzie. I enjoyed seeing them. They have all become older, taller and prettier/handsomer since we last saw each other.








You can tell by the smile Rita is a happy grandma, although she doesn't look old enough to be a grandma.








The girls outnumbered the boys, so when an invitation to the cockpit was offered you can see how it ended up. Three blond beauties in the cockpit. Am I dreaming?

Poor Lochlainn













The visit wasn't long enough. It never is.


There were obligations at home that prevented them from accepting my dinner invitation. Rita loaded them all into the van and we said farewell til the next trip to Charlotte.
My co-pilot and I went to dinner, came back to the airport and prepared for the trip home. I'll be in bed by 11PM.
What a great job!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great job is right! I know not all months are as good as April, but we've loved all your time off this month, and when you did travel you usually got to see family! Doesn't get much better than that!
Meg