Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jersey Days


This is a most unusual flying month. I've not had a flight in more than a week. The nice thing about not flying, is the opportunity it gives me to spend time with my daughters and my grandchildren. On Saturday, we had a beautiful sunny day. Since we are trying to rent our house in Belmar, Ronnie and I went to the beach to get the house in order for our scheduled Open House on April 26th. We were able to convince our daughter Erinn(middle child)to bring her boys to the Belmar for their first visit of the season.


Ronnie and I worked all morning as did Erinn. She arrived right after lunch and we all headed for the beach. It's normal to stop at the 10th Av playground on the beach and that was where T (7) and P( almost 5) spent most of their time. They were trying to master the fireman's pole, up and down.














I headed off to the water with E and Finn.


The beach was pretty crowded and there were some kids playing in the water at knee depth. I took a few steps into the water and my feet went numb. I'd guess the water to be about 40 degrees . I'm sure it was higher than that, but not much.
It didn't take long to leave the waterline and join the boys at the playground.















Finn and I took the bench and Erinn and her big guys found the warmth of the sand and each other.








Kate couldn't make it to the beach on Saturday. Her parents had some thing to do around Pennington and even though I left my HD with her, she couldn't get it started.

So, Cate and her mom, Meghan(my first born), came with me on Tuesday. I had to make a return trip to Belmar for a real estate transaction.

I picked up Meg and Cate about 9AM and headed to Belmar. Meg wanted to stop at the Jackson Outlets to get Cate some new shoes. I didn't know she had never been there. Sorry Joe, she knows where they are now, and there are some great stores there for shoppers and their little girls. Cate and her mom found a couple of pair of shoes that fit the need.













Cate confirmed they went with her outfit and decided to wear them out of the store.











We got to the beach as the sun came out of the clouds and had a couple of hours to let Cate experience (what I think is) her first exposure to sea and sand. And, she LOVED it!












It didn't take her long to realize how much fun could have in the sand and then she found the ocean.









"How come nobody told me about sand before today?"


















"Hey Check this out? A crab claw. Just laying in the sand. What a cool place"





This trip ended with a stop at the 10th Av playground. Boy can this girl swing!


"No, I don't want to leave."

"Now that I'm home, want to see my running medals?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was a great day! I know Cate had a blast and I did too. It's been nice having you around so much this past week.
Meg

Anonymous said...

First of all, a girl can never have too many shoes! I agree with starting her young, to insist on a different pair for every outfit. Second, you better buy a hat for your head Mike. Sunburned scalp is so unattractive! Didn't know you were a Hog rider. Beautiful family; you are truly blessed.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like this recent flight schedule quite a bit! I am thrilled to see that Cate will be a beach girl. We're all looking forward to many more beach days this spring and summer.
E

capprotti said...

Hey Mike! Beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous of your job, I think it's safe to say you don't take life for granted. It was a pleasure getting to meet you and Ronnie. Next time you swing by Rome Italy gimme a call :-P Take Care!

Mike