Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cancelled Flight


My scheduled flight to Pittsburgh was cancelled for today so I had the opportunity to spend the morning with Cate. I was thinking a visit to the airport might be just the right thing to do. Her mom is trying to complete a paper for a semester course @ TCNJ so a morning at the airport would be good for both of us. It was raining when we got to the airport. In fact, it's been raining for the last 48 hours. Rain doesn't bother Cate. She's an outdoors chic. I didn't want to spend the moning walking around the parking lot so I carried her into the hangar.

She initially didn't want any part of the airplanes. If she couldn't be outside she was just as happy being in my arms. I was up for that. But after a few minutes, she warmed up to the idea that a hangar was a cool place to hang around in.
Maybe it was after she saw the helicopter and the olde airplane that she decided it was OK to walk around .




In the picture on the left, Cate is about to investigate the undercarriage of an SNJ-an old WW ll trainer.
She then asked to check out the Hawker 900 that her pop flies.


It was a good visit to the airport followed by a visit to my Corporate office so I could pick up a new computer. She was greeted with warmth and goodies by all the ladies in the offfice. and enjoyed her visit there also. I did'nt have my camera or there would be some cute shots of her checking out the offices and having a grand time. I dropped her back at home in time for a snack and a nap. She did wish me farewell at the door.












3 comments:

Cindy M. said...

This reminds me of the pictures next to the Beaver of E and M at the airport when they were young. Funny how life comes full circle. Cindy

Anonymous said...

That really was a special day- Cate's first trip to the airport with her Pop. And so she can follow in her mom and aunts footsteps and get a warm, happy feeling looking at airplanes up in the sky thinking about her Pop.
E

Anonymous said...

I have memories of having a picnic lunch on the roof of the airport! I am guessing that is probably prohibited these days. Thanks for the time, Dad! Cate was up the next morning at 5am chanting "airplanes! airplanes!" Just kidding about the chanting part, sadly not kidding about 5 am!