Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another day in Paradise




Did a run/walk to Paradise Island and back yesterday afternoon. A good stretch before the start. It was about 80 degres and I ran about 2 miles and walked the rest (3 miles more). My schedule was so hectic yesterday-beach, pool, run. beach, dinner. Some days this job is hard to handle. I did manage to finish a book. Luckily, I brought 2 more with me. I saved some energy for dinner out. We started for a local waterside seafood restaurant, but the traffic was at a crawl getting out of town. After sitting for 20 min in bumper to bumper cars, I did a 180 and headed back into town and the Outback. Ended the evening with an ice cream sundae from McD( right across from the hotel) and a walk. Town shops all close by 2000 and there's not much to do if yu're not a party animal. I could learn to like that.
Woke up this AM with a heavy rain at 0600. It lasted about 20 min. The forecast for today is sunny and 83. I'll manage!. Going for a haircut, (local place, Cliffie's) so I look my best for my wife's arrival tomorrow.
I walked through town yesterday and it's loaded with all the upscale shops that she's going to love. I think I see an anniversay purchase being made (not by me or for me) you figure it out.
Later.





Here I am after my Bahamian harcut. I asked for dreadlocks and this is the best they could do.

Tomorrow I'll get a buzz cut. Today I'll just try to pass as a local.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you buy that hat? I see lots of good photo ops with the grandchildren with it!
Meg