Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back to the grindstone

Well I just dropped Ronnie off at the airport. She called to say she made the flight by the skin of her teeth. The last one to board and they had to hold it for her. We had gotten to the airport an hour and a half before departure. There was apparently a long slow security clearance procedure. Now that I think about it, I believe Nassau is a US Customs pre-clearing port and they do all the normal us arrival clearance before boarding in Nassau. Time will tell. Anyway, got a flight request to make 2 round trips to Florida tomorrow for the family. The first a 1000 departure from Boca Raton to Nassau and returning those passengers at 1900 tomorrow night. So basically, this is my last day and it is pouring rain at the current time. After tomorrows flight
My planned departure from the Bahamas is 1100 Saturday. I get back to Trenton about 1400 and have a 1700 departure to Chicago with a passenger pick up and proceeding to Miami. So Saturday is a very long day. Sunday I fly home commercially from Miami to Philadelphia and have Mon and Tues at home. Wednesday I have an 0830 departure to Richmond, Va continuing on to the Bahamas. So I'll be back here in a week. On the next trip there are only 4 passengers, so I'm taking my wife with me on the flight. It will be her first time flying with me on the Hawker. I think she'll be surprised with the advantages of private jet travel over commercial air travel.
This will be my last entry until I arrive back in NJ on Sunday. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great trip. Hope you have smooth sailing for your flights. Looking forward to seeing you!
E