Friday, March 13, 2009




This is the lobby of my home for the next 9 days.
I arrived rather late on Thurs evening (2200 hrs). One of the passengers was 1 & 1/2 hours late and we didn't take-off from Trenton until almost 1800. Stopped in Boca for 30 min to pick up a couple of additional pasengers and to drop off a couple from Trenton. Departed Boca Raton about 2100 for a 35 min flight to Nassau. Very laid back in the Bahamas. When we didn't arrive on time our rental car was given to someone who was apparently on time with out a reservation.
That wasn't too bad. We took a cab to the hotel with a promise of a Hertz pick-up in the morning to go back to the airport for a car.
The next problem was at Hilton. I should have guessed.
I was called on Thurs morning by the Nassau Hilton asking if I needed the 2 rooms I had reserved in January. I assurred them I did and told them I would be there early evening( Ihadn't planned a delay). I guess that didn't mean 2200. They had given away our rooms. They found a couple of-non standard rooms for us for the evening. We only had to pay for one. They were about the size of a bathroom and included a bed and a bathroom. We have been promised appropriate rooms by 1500 today.
Hertz showed up 20 late, (on time in the Bahamas) and we picked up our car and the copilots girl friend who had flown in from Phila.
I am now doing an update here than off for a short run in Nassau, to return to the hotel beach.
(I'm so exhausted) This corporate flying is no easy game. Later, I be jammin.










3 comments:

Livia Strybos said...

This must be a dream job. Only problem might be the waiting after passengers and the lack of an always known schedule. But not bad! :)

Anonymous said...

I just figured out my problem. I am living in the northeast on Bahama time. Thank God! My 20 minute late issue is NOT because I have no control of my life. ;)
Enjoy your stay!!
E

Anonymous said...

Mamo checked in. She's got her pedicure so I guess she is all set for her departure.
Meg